Top Lectures on Youtube Early 2022
I hope we are all off to a good start for the new year, can you believe its 2022 already? Amazing how time flies isn’t it? Anyway, to kick off the new year we did something really special, and that of course, if you have not heard, was to host our very first symposium, focusing on Neanderthals featuring the famed Dr. Chris Stringer, Dr. Rebecca Wragg Sykes, and Dr. Tom Higham! It was am absolute blast and such a success! Be sure you do not miss viewing this, and catch it here:
To continue the fun for the new year, I thought it would be nice to put together a very educational list of Open Access, and FREE video lectures to watch on Youtube about varying degrees of Anthropology, from the formation of our very belief systems, to the way our bodies came to be as they are today. The following list includes very distinguished speakers, some of which have been on our show, such as Dr. Agustin Fuentes, others, such as Dr. Richard Leakey passed earlier this year, and his wise words and knowledge I wish to preserve and pass down farther. And others, have spent their lives, over a half a decade in some cases, such as the famed Dr. Don Johanson, are represented on this list.
Most of these lectures are up to date as far as how researchers are viewing things, but of course with Paleoanthropology being one of the fastest fields to change and update in STEM, some of the things that you hear may be out of date, but that is why you should of course always do more research and look farther into things you are interested in or question, as it should always be!
As with all of my lists, these are not in any particular order, but are here in general to provide you a good amount of time of learning! If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments, otherwise please like, share, retweet, whatever platform you are on, and help spread the free, open access education about our shared human origins!
- Prof Agustín Fuentes – Why do we believe?
- Rewriting Modern Human Origins | Shara Bailey
- Engaging With Public Audiences on Human Evolution | Briana Pobiner
- The Origins of the Genus Homo | Bernard Wood
- Exploring The Human-Ape Paradox – Tetsuro Matsuzawa, Linda Marchant, Barry Bogin
- CARTA presents The Origins of Today’s Humans – QandA
- Origins of Genus Homo: What Who When Where?; Early Body Form; Life History Patterns
- Explorer Lecture: Dr. Donald Johanson, “Cleveland, Lucy, and the Human Story”
- WPT University Place: Discovering Homo Naledi
- Richard Leakey: Does Prehistory Matter in the 21st Century?
There you have it!
I truly hope that you learn a great deal, reaffirm your ideas, and have some of yours bashed so you can rethink, and think critically about them, as that is the way of science!
World of Paleoanthropology